Three matches of Austrian Cup quarter-finals were played yesterday, on Sunday, without major upsets.
VCA Amstetten NÖ lived up to their favorite role over Underdog VC Hausmannstätten, beating the second division team in straight sets (25:19, 25:10, 25:14), despite playing with libero Lauris Ochaya fielded in attack and youngs outside-hitters Jonah Zelenka and Sebastian Riegler who played part of the match, too.
A great away victory for VBC TLC Weiz: they won in four sets on the field of Hypo Tirol volleyball team, after losing first set (23:25, 25:20, 25:19, 25:22). The winners, afflicted by Covid-19, are still without head coach, replaced by Libero Jan Trubak, but they were led by another great performance of Mark Kremer, author of 29 points, and were better especially in blocking (12 vs. 6 of the hosts).
Close the picture an away win also for UVC Holding Graz, who take a 3-0 (25:21, 25:23, 25:23) success on the field of TSV Raiffeisen Hartberg, who recovered after Covid-19. Lorenz Rössl was the top scorer among the winners with 16 points.
The last Final 4 ticket will only be awarded today, and Union Raiffeisen Waldviertel will face hotVolleys Wien. The very favorite were able to eliminate defending champion SK Zadruga Aich/Dob in the round of 16.
🏐| Austrian Volley Cup 2021/22 – QUARTERFINALS
| November 14, 2021
• Hypo Tirol Volleyballteam – VBC TLC Weiz 1-3 (25:23, 20:25, 19:25, 22:25)
| PHOTOGALLERY OF THE MATCH
• VC Hausmannstätten – VCA Amstetten NÖ 0-3 (19:25, 10:25, 14:25)
• TSV Raiffeisen Hartberg – UVC Holding Graz 0-3 (21:25, 23:25, 23:25)
| November 15, 2021
• Waldviertel – hotVolleys 3-0 (25:19, 25:12, 25:11)
🏐| Austrian Cup 2021/22 | SEMIFINALS
| January 23, 2022
• UVC Holding Graz – VCA Amstetten NÖ
• VBC TLC Weiz – Union Raiffeisen Waldviertel or hotVolleys Wien