Three matches valid of Round 3 of 2022/23 Austrian Volley League were played today.
Defending champions Union Waldviertel continues their winning path without losing a single set, Hypo Tirol VT defeat Ried, Hartberg win the derby on the field of Weiz.
In details, Union Raiffeisen Waldviertel celebrated their third straight sets win in as many games. The titleholders’ victim was UVC Holding Graz, partially 25:18, 27:25 and 25:23. In Graz’s Raiffeisen Sportpark, the hosts fought for a long time, but despite a good performance, it wasn’t enough. The top scorers of the match were Michal Marszalek for the winners and Anes Perezic for Graz with 19 points each.
Hypo Tirol volleyball team was also able to take their third win too, but needed five sets (18:25, 25:21, 25:23, 24:26, 20:18) to win on the field UVC McDonald’s Ried. In the fourth set, the guests had a 17:22 lead, but Ried was able to tie the game until the tie-break, in which the Innsbruck side recover from 3:3 to 9:4. Ried came back again, and they managed to level the score also to 12:12, however the guests celebrated the win after 129 minutes of play. For the hosts it was the fourth defeat in a row counting all competitions: after the AVL win over Aich/Dob in Round 1, they lost in Amstetten and in both CEV Challenge Cup duels with Cyprus’ Omonia Nicosia.
The Styria derby in the ASKÖ-Halle Eggenberg between VBC TLC Weiz and TSV Raiffeisen Hartberg was also a big show: the hosts narrowly missed their first win of the season, losing 2-3 (25:23, 23:25, 19:25, 31:29, 15:17). Hartberg now have five points in the standings, Weiz two. The top scorer of the game was Lorenz Rössl for the hosts with 27 points, while Dorde Knezevic scored 23 points on the winning side.
On Sunday, after the CEV Challenge Cup elimination against Hapoel Yoav Kfar Saba from Israel, VCA Amstetten NÖ want to achieve AVL victory number three playing at home over last-placed VBK Wörther-See-Löwen Klagenfurt while, at the end of the third round, runner-up Zadruga Aich/Dob will face the still winless team TJ Sokol V/Post SV Wien.
On Thursday, the Carinthians had to say goodbye to the Champions League, failed in the second round on the field of Finnish champion Ford Levoranta Sastamala.
However, the European Cup season is not over for Aich/Dob because, next Wednesday, the CEV Cup qualifiers will continue with the home game against Calcit Kamnik from Slovenia.
🏐| Austrian Volley League 2022/23 | Saturday October 15, 2022
• 19.30 (Local Time) | UVC McDonalds Ried/Innkreis – Hypo Tirol Volleyballteam 2-3 (25:18, 21:25, 23:25, 26:24, 18:20)
• 20.00 (Local Time) | VBC TLC Weiz – TSV Raiffeisen Hartberg 2-3 (25:23, 23:25, 19:25, 31:29, 15:17)
• 20.00 (Local Time) UVC Holding Graz – Union Raiffeisen Waldviertel 0-3 (18:25, 25:27, 23:25)
Sunday October 16, 2022
• 16.00 (Local Time) | VCA Amstetten NÖ – VBK Wörther-See-Löwen Klagenfurt 3-0 (25:18, 25:17, 25:12)
• 17.00 (Local Time) | SK Zadruga Aich/Dob – TJ Sokol V/Post SV Wien 3-0 (25:18, 25:19, 25:20)
🏐| STANDINGS (updated on this day)
1. Union Raiffeisen Waldviertel 9
2. Hypo Tirol Volleyballteam 8
3. VCA Amstetten NÖ 5
4. TSV Raiffeisen Hartberg 4
5. UVC McDonalds Ried/Innkreis 4
6. SK Zadruga Aich/Dob 3
7. UVC Holding Graz 3
8. VBC TLC Weiz 2
9. TJ Sokol V/Post SV Wien 0
10. VBK Wörther-See-Löwen Klagenfurt 0
🏐| NEXT MATCHES | Friday October 21, 2022
• 20.30 (Local Time) | TSV Raiffeisen Hartberg – UVC Holding Graz
Saturday October 22, 2022
• 17.15 (Local Time) | Hypo Tirol Volleyballteam – SK Zadruga Aich/Dob
• 19.00 (Local Time) | Union Raiffeisen Waldviertel – VCA Amstetten NÖ
• 19.00 (Local Time) | TJ Sokol V/Post SV Wien – VBC TLC Weiz
• 19.00 (Local Time) | VBK Wörther-See-Löwen Klagenfurt – UVC McDonalds Ried/Innkreis